Sunday, May 1, 2016

Guest designer for CKC

When Jemma asked me to be a guest designer for CKC this month I was really excited. I had been a bit quiet on the scrapping front as have been doing a lot of crocheting lately and I thought this is just what I need to get back into my scrapbooking. YAY :)
I headed straight to my craft room and then realised why it had been a while:(
 I couldn't even sit down...


A couple of weeks ago I found a blank canvas and decided to make something of it. Problem is I don't really know what so this has just been sitting there waiting for inspiration to hit & taking up my entire desk in the process. Time for a BIG clean up. I even shouted myself a brand new craft mat for the occassion. The old one was well over 10 years old, they are definately worth it. I decided to ease myself back into it by starting with some cards (I can't show you those yet as they are for the blog hop) but boy oh boy, once I started there was no stopping me! I finished 3, yep you read that right, a big 3 layouts in ONE day. Ok so the dishes didn't get done but the beds were made.
So to get things started we had a super choice of three kits to base our conterfeit on. The originals were from Quirky Kits & are shown here. I ended up combining a few elements from each & because the first kit was called "It's a party" & I was a wee bit excited to be guest designer and scrapping again, I called my kit "Party @ my place". And here it is...

I find I dont scrap with a lot of papers anymore so concentrated on more embellie elements.
Well I better stop there so you have time to move onto the other designers. Here is the link to get to Just Jimjams and also back to CKC.
Have a wonderful day and hope you will pop back on the 6th for my first reveal..Jx

10 comments:

  1. I can totally relate on the washing up . . . enjoy your lovely kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great creative space you have! So glad you rolled up your sleeves & "got 'er done". I find that visiting my stash every month for my CKC kit keeps me inspired, and your lovely little kit was indeed inspiring if you made three pages right away :D Can't wait to see, and so thrilled to have you on the Team this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great, simple kit. I will look forward to seeing what you make with it all now you're on a roll

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'm glad we got you scrapping again - looks like a fun kit and I know it'll be used well! Thanks for agreeing to be our GDT this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun kit this turned out to be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sunny happy kit - enjoy! We can't wait to enjoy your creations as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to have you on board with us this month! And I love the story of your craft room discoveries and then the inspiration you suddenly found under the debris! Great kit with a perfect name! Looking forward to your contributions in the coming weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great kit! I love your collection of embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad that we could be the spark that got you back into your craft room and creating again! Your kit looks like a great representation of all three of the inspiration kits, and you picked a great name too. Glad to have you with us this month - hope you have lots of fun working with your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been having the same exact problem with my scrap space. MUST get to the bottom of it...like this week. HOpe your kit provided you with lots of scrappy enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete